Install Commerical Toilet in Residence

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott

Flushmate
Reaction score
Website
www.flushmate.com
I'm not sure what kind of warranty or after-the-sale-support Toto offers but Flushmates have a ten year warranty on parts and a lifetime warranty on the pressure tank.

When they're actually needed, Flushmate replacement parts can be had for the "cost" of a toll-free phone call.

On topic, I've known guys to have exposed flushometer valve toilets and urinals in their "man cave" but nowhere else if their wives have anything to say about it. :D

MarkHash

Reaction score
Yeah, I will have a urinal too, mostly to avoid the splash mess, but I will still have the dribble mess. Can't believe the things i've seen in public rest rooms. Maybe I can sell advertising too. Thanks all for setting me straight, I'll try the suggestions 1st b4 getting too elaborate.

Michaelpo

Reaction score
wall mounts

Hi guys, I'm considering a wall-mount over a slab with a sloan valve also. Input is standard city water pressure with a 3/4" line. Sounds like the pressurized well tank would give enough volume and pressure to operate this type of commercial toilet in a residential application. I like the American Standard Glenwall, but $600 is way over my budget. I can find decent, clean, used commercial wall mounts for around $100-$200. Anything I'm missing? Thanks for your help! Mike O.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Input is standard city water pressure with a 3/4" line. Sounds like the pressurized well tank would give enough volume

You will need a 1" line from the pressure tank for the Sloan Valve to work.
So where are you mounting the pressure tank?

Michaelpo

Reaction score
wall mount

Hi Terry, I have a utility room with a washer/dryer in it. I would have to mount the tank against the back wall toward the ceiling with secure mounting. The line to the sloan would run thru the wall from the tank about 5 to 6 foot. Thanks, Mike

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A wall hung toilet can be made up with either a storage tank (similar to a typical toilet - could be hidden in the wall, but would need access for service), or just a commercial style flush valve. If you use a tank, then yes, my guess is you could get the thing to work with any supply, since it isn't relying on volume AND pressure from the line. A tank lets you fill it with whatever pressure you want, since it then uses gravity to flush the thing. Now, there might be a difference in the bowl depending on whether it is designed for a tank or a sloan valve...I don't know. Getting the right bowl refill may be tough with a tank, if it was designed for the other. And, as was noted, an older one may be designed for much more water than the newer ones. This could be a problem when you try to sell the house, and the inspector may give you grief now, as well.

will kind of hacks

Reaction score
A wall hung toilet can be made up with either a storage tank (similar to a typical toilet - could be hidden in the wall, but would need access for service), or just a commercial style flush valve. If you use a tank, then yes, my guess is you could get the thing to work with any supply, since it isn't relying on volume AND pressure from the line. A tank lets you fill it with whatever pressure you want, since it then uses gravity to flush the thing. Now, there might be a difference in the bowl depending on whether it is designed for a tank or a sloan valve...I don't know. Getting the right bowl refill may be tough with a tank, if it was designed for the other. And, as was noted, an older one may be designed for much more water than the newer ones. This could be a problem when you try to sell the house, and the inspector may give you grief now, as well.
I MAY HAVE FOUND A CHEAT FOR SLOAN USING HALF INCH. THE DIAPHRAM SMASHED AGAINST THE ROOF OF THE INSIDE COVER. I PL PREMIUMED A FURNITURE SLIDE, NYLON OR SOMETHING. SO FAR SO GOOD. ONE WEEK NO PROBLEMS

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks