Inspector's list.

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Could be old news, but I just encountered a requirement on the grounding of gas piping that I haven't dealt with before.
I went to the customer's house and she showed me the list from the inspector. She's selling her house and has run into a little speed bump regarding the stainless, yellow coated gas piping attached to two different black iron manifolds in her house. There was a link to several You-Tube videos explaining the issue on the report.
It seems that houses that have the yellow pipe (Gastite?), are more likely to burn down on account of the fact that the stainless pipe tends to rupture in the event of a direct lightning strike.
The fix is to ground the iron manifold to the nearest panel ground buss, or nearest ground rod.

Stuff

Reaction score
Verify that it is indeed CSST. The yellow flexible corrugated pipe feeding appliances such as stoves, dryers, water heaters, etc. is not CSST and does not need bonded/grounded.

Stuff

Reaction score
A dumb inspector gives you more work. There is no harm adding additional bonding to a gas pipe system whether it is CSST or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks