Inspection port on artesian well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chet McKinnon

Reaction score
So I'm having trouble identifying what to do in this situation. The well that I had drilled recently turned out to be artesian (positive pressure), so installing a normal inspection port simply won't work as water would flow with the top open/removed. The only way I can think of this working is if I run the pump during inspection. Is there another way I can go about doing this? I've contacted the state on the matter and they won't give me much, if any information on subject. I was hoping some of you might have some insight.

Thank you in advance.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could always spend $4500 and buy a downhole camera....but like Cary said, there isn't much to see or worry about.

Chet McKinnon

Reaction score
I guess I'm just thinking of a situation where if something were to happen and the water level wasn't normal I'd be able to inspect it. Maybe I'll just put a valve on the side and open it to check for flow. If there isn't any I'll open a port that's water tight on the top. If there is then I wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks