Insinkerator Instant Hot Water Dispenser

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumb Confused

Reaction score
I am installing an Insinkerator ( Emerson ) Instant Hot Water Dispenser under the sink. Model SST-FLTR
This will be installed after a RO unit and have both hot and cold water connections to the dispenser with 2 different handles.

The manufacturers instructions are infuriating because the three tank connections are only referenced as blue, white and clear. No mention of which color feeds which connection. Apparently this all works out using the plastic lines (really?) if you only use the dispensers Insinkerator makes. Of course they do not make one that matches the style of my kitchen. And the supplied filter has a funky plastic push in connection that is a dual connection, might be a Y type connection might not be.

Mine appears to use the tank B fittings option

What I really want to know is what the:
BLUE 1/4 inch tube
White 7/16 tube
Clear 5/16 tube
are plumbed into?

The dispenser to be used has a braided cold line, braided hot line, and flimsy plastic return tube.

Anybody have experience hooking these Emerson under sink instant water heaters up ?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am installing an Insinkerator ( Emerson ) Instant Hot Water Dispenser under the sink. Model SST-FLTR
This will be installed after a RO unit and have both hot and cold water connections to the dispenser with 2 different handles.

The manufacturers instructions are infuriating because the three tank connections are only referenced as blue, white and clear. No mention of which color feeds which connection. Apparently this all works out using the plastic lines (really?) if you only use the dispensers Insinkerator makes. Of course they do not make one that matches the style of my kitchen. And the supplied filter has a funky plastic push in connection that is a dual connection, might be a Y type connection might not be.

Mine appears to use the tank B fittings option

What I really want to know is what the:
BLUE 1/4 inch tube
White 7/16 tube
Clear 5/16 tube
are plumbed into?

The dispenser to be used has a braided cold line, braided hot line, and flimsy plastic return tube.

Anybody have experience hooking these Emerson under sink instant water heaters up ?
It looks like thre picture of the finished products shows the answers. The blue one is colored the clear one can be seen through and the white in the middle. Not sure what a return tube is in this situation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks