Inside of toilet PVC pipe has cut marks - an issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Arnav

Reaction score
In the process of taking out a 4" all plastic PVC toilet flange for the first time I left a few cut marks on the inside of the pipe from the saw I used to cut the "quarters." I should have cut less. Taking it out with a chisel was not a problem so there was really not a reason to cut more vs. less. Oh well, I will know better for the next toilet... The cuts are about 2" to 3" down and maybe 1/32" deep.

Anyhow, is this an issue if I prime and glue a new inside flange?

Should I just use an outside 4" flange to remove any doubt? I have enough space around the pipe.

Thanks!

Arnav

Reaction score
**** sigh of relief ***

Thanks a million...

I got paranoid from all the DIY videos that showed how to take the flange out which really emphasized not touching the pipe. Probably still a good idea / best practice but like you say don't compromise anything if the pipes has some cut marks on it.

Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks