Input on Rheem Power Vent water heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Bcarlson78248

Reaction score
I have an old (1992) gas water heater that needs replacing, and during the replacement I would like to get rid of the existing 3" metal flue and use a horizontal vent. This is all part of an ongoing renovation, where I'm trying to reduce the number of flues I need to frame around in the new construction. I plan to replace the gas boiler flue with 5" B vent, and want to get rid of the water heater flue that used to connect to the same clay flue that ran to the roof (chimney is now gone).

It looks like the Rheem power vent water heaters (like this one https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rheem-P...ent-Tank-Water-Heater-XG50T06PV42U0/204318426), which can use a horizontal PVC flue, would be a good choice, and not much more expensive than a 40 or 50 gallon standard gas water heater. Tankless does not look like a good option because the utility room only has a one inch gas pipe for both gas boiler and water heater, and it would be difficult to upsize the gas line in the finished basement.

Any experience with the Rheem Power Vent gas water heaters?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks