Inground sprinkler system SPLITTER?

Users who are viewing this thread

TravisJJ

Reaction score
Good morning!

Below is a photo of a sprinkler head that is currently above ground. I'm going to be burying the hose and adding a pop-up sprinkler head in it's place, which is what the rest of my property has. My question is this: Where I circled below in red, is there a splitter of sorts I can purchase and place there so I can then connect an additional hose that will attach to an additional pop-up sprinkler head? Essentially, I have a small area that needs watering but I'm looking to not wet a new patio I had installed (and its furniture), so I'd like two pop-up sprinkler heads to run at the same time from that original single water source.

If there is a splitter of sorts I can purchase that connects to where I circled below in red, can you point me to one? If there's one for sale through Home Depot or Lowe's, even better.

Thank you in advance for your reply!

IMG_6045_zpssysxsdlv.jpg

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That looks like a sch 4o 1X3/4 tee. You could cut and glue another one of those below the existing one. Or you could use a 3/4 poly tee with either two barbs and a side 3/4 thread, or a straight 3/4 barb tee and stay with poly pipe from there.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You want an underground sprinkler system? So forget the hose and use schedule 40 PVC pipe and fittings.

wayneda

Reaction score
Website
sprinklerbros.com
You have several different fittings that will do the job. It just depends on how many outlets you need. If you're reinstalling them underground then make sure you go with PVC schedule 40. They are highly durable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks