Induction Motor Oddity

Users who are viewing this thread

KenKronk

Reaction score
Woke up to no heat in the house checked out the Kenmore furnace and was getting the 3 blink low pressure error. Sucked on the induction hose heard the sensor click as it should then pinched it and got proper operation of furnace. Reconnected everything no dice, I manually spun the induction motor and voila the furnace kicked in... The induction motor ran once started, and furnace operation is fine, but i need to give it a "push start" each time...

UPDATE... runs perfectly fine now maybe cause its warm? I was thinking relay that starts the inducer motor?
My concern now is that I work away from home often and if this craps out when i am on the road wife will kill me upon my return... Is it worth doing anything preventative or do I need to just wait for an actual failure?

Thanks is advance,
Ken

Reach4

Reaction score
The induction motor ran once started, and furnace operation is fine, but i need to give it a "push start" each time...
Is there a capacitor? If so, replace the capacitor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks