Increased water pressure/usage after turning off water filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rob372

Reaction score
Hi, I have a rental property with both a water softener and a water filter. Recently during an inspection we turned off the filter and ever since the tenant says the water pressure has increased. I replaced a cartridge in one bathroom since due to leaking. Now, he got a notice from the water company saying they are detecting high water usage on the account. Could turning off a filter increase water usage that much? or could it be something else? First thing I guess I will try is turning it back on lol.

Reach4

Reaction score
Hi, I have a rental property with both a water softener and a water filter. Recently during an inspection we turned off the filter and ever since the tenant says the water pressure has increased. I replaced a cartridge in one bathroom since due to leaking. Now, he got a notice from the water company saying they are detecting high water usage on the account. Could turning off a filter increase water usage that much? or could it be something else? First thing I guess I will try is turning it back on lol.
Check to see if water is coming out of the softener drain.

Turning off the filter -- you mean bypassing a cartridge filter, possibly with a built-in bypass?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks