Increased pressure with dirty water

Users who are viewing this thread

Hkymomhockey

Reaction score
Our water pressure was terrible. So, we increased our well water pressure from roughly 20/40 to roughly 56/32, and our water is now running dirty. Any ideas? I love the better pressure, bit I cannot have dirty water. I should note that I have a very large pressure tank. I think it is 220 gallons, and it is a few years old. Also, how does one find out the depth of the well and how far down the pump is set? Thank you

Reach4

Reaction score
Put dirty water into a glass or jar. How long does it take for the dirt to settle out? What color is the stuff in the water?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
What brand of tank?

I've seen cheap diaphram/bladder tanks fail when the pressure gets increased and all the accumulated crap in the tank floods the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks