In-house 3/4HP well bladder tank CSV better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Simon T

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just trying to decide if a CSV in my system will give the pump more longevity and better usage.

The well was put in about 4 years ago. it is:-

recommended pump rate 2.25gpm
280ft total depth
68.70ft static water level
Submersible pump (Goulds .075HP)

Inhouse the feed is hooked up to a Well-X-trol professional 32gal (WX-203 Pro) with 30/50psi on the pressure switch. we have 2000sqr ft house, but only two of us. Average usage with the exception of occasional large use (see below).

So I have no issues with the current setup; however when having long showers, washing the car or filling the hot tub I wonder if a CSV would be better.

Any recommendations if a CSV will work with my well and pump? Would it work with the current bladder tank or is there any benefit in changing it up or down in size

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 32 gallon pressure tank only holds 8 gallons of water. A lightly used system may last a long time with the pump cycling on/off for every 8 gallons used. A heavily used system will not last long cycling like that. Of course the CSV will cut out the cycling when using water for long periods of time and make any pump last longer. Yes the CSV can be used with the tank you have. This way the CSV works for long term water uses and you still have 8 gallons in the tank for short term uses. However, even though the CSV will work fine with the larger tank, the larger tank is not needed with a CSV. If the tank ever fails you can replace it with as little as a 4.5 gallon size tank. Unlikely your tank will fail though, because the Cycle Stop Valve also makes bladder tanks last longer as the bladder/diaphragm isn't going up and down over and over like it does with a cycling pump.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You don't have to take my word for it. Here are reviews from a few hundred customers you can see for yourself.
https://cyclestopvalves.com/pages/reviews

Just don't read reviews from the site we don't like and don't sell through, as they put the two bad reviews from people who can't read directions on top of all the good reviews because we no longer sell through their site.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Fantastic, thanks for confirming. Do you have any 2 for 1 offers coming up :)

Lol! Sorry to sound like such a salesman. But they really do solve a bunch of problems with pump systems. Which is why the pump companies hate me and why the old well driller in me can't shut up about it. :rolleyes:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks