In floor heating

Users who are viewing this thread

Karla marr

Reaction score
I may not be in correct forum so please advise if not
We have in floor radiant heating. Ours is a closed system with gas water heater recirculating the water in the lines. Pex pipes
Problem is that some areas of the floor seem to be cool this year there are two pumps and both seem to be working correctly so wondering what the problem could be
We did replace both pumps recently as well..
Any ideas of what is going on?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Do u know pipe size and lenghts of loops? Pumps changed like for like? Old pumps bran and model # and new pumps brand and model numbers? Water pressure in system?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It may be that there is an air lock...the water can't flow properly, so it may not be flowing through that loop.

If the pressure is low, with elevation changes, that can impact things, too.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sounds like air to me. You need to purge the air from the individual loops that aren't heating. Hopefully it's installed to make this fairly easy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks