I'm building a 19X19 ft. addition to my shop and want to heat it

Users who are viewing this thread

Semon

Reaction score
I have a 4X8 Ft. panel and a fan that hooks to a thermostat but doesn't heat enough. My shop is 24X40 ft.
I live tn east Tn. so it doesn't get real cold here.

I'm building a 19X19 ft. addition to my shop that faces east and want to heat it with the air space between my roof and insulated ceiling (forced air) what would be the best way to do it?

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
What is the shop going to be used for?

How is it insulated?

If there isn't going to be a choking amount of dust to filter, you'd likely be able to heat (and cool) the space with a 3/4 ton or 1-ton mini-split heat pump at better efficiency than trying to do it with a big blower and a hot attic.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Trying to blow cool air into a space to push out the heated air, you may be pushing air in that is too cool and high in moisture. Possible condensation problems, also do you want heat in the nighttime hours or cloudy days? Dana has the best suggestion. It's clean and in your climate it very efficient for heat pumps plus you can get some A/C on those humid summer days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks