Ikea Rinnen drain 1.5" to 1.25" copper drain

Users who are viewing this thread

pointca

Reaction score
Hi all, any help is appreciated. I'm trying to install an Ikea vanity and the current sink setup has the adapter pictured below - it says 1 1/2" ABS to 1 1/4" copper Bow adapter. The Ikea plumbing is 1 1/2", so I assume I need to replace it with something similar.

What can I get that will attach my 1 1/4" copper stub out to the included ikea drain pipe?

I'm in Canada where unfortunately all hardware stores are closed at the moment, so if anyone can help me with a product name or link that would be very appreciated!

sd-777-01.jpg

Terry

Plumbing contractor
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A coupling like the ones below could transition to a trap adapter. They come in many sizes and they should have a 1.25" copper to 1.5" plastic coupling.

mission_bandseal.jpg

trap_adapter_both.jpg

The trap adapter on the right is pipe size, the one on the left is a hub that fits over pipe.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
The problem with transitioning from a larger diameter to a smaller diameter drain in the horizontal position, is that you will have puddling inside the bottom of the horizontal pipe. Might be better to get an 1.5x1.25 p-trap Dearborn Brass Choked Throated Trap with an 1.25x1.25 rubber coupler (preferably metal sheilded)

I read it a bunch of times and cant even figure it out. never occured to me horizontal so stubbing out wall copper then going bigger abs 1 1/2 " and she is having trouble putting a trap on and adapter to a normal 1 1/4 tubular tail piece? I guess ? cant see the challenge or be sure what they are even talking about. also dont see puddling running an 1 1/2 abs if going the other way it would collect

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Here is an exagerated drawing of what a larger diameter trap arm connected to a smaller diameter trap arm looks like. Not life threatening, just that there is a P-Trap specifically made to connect to a 1.5" vertical sink waste and connect to a 1.25" trap arm/adapter. I have one sitting on my desk right now.

flooded trap arm.png