Users who are viewing this thread

britt111

Reaction score
Hi y’all,

We’re remodeling our bathroom, and we’ve installed an Odensvik sink from Ikea with the Single Handle Pull-Down Faucet from Delta. Most of the bathroom hardware we’re putting in is brass or gold, so we don’t like the Odensvik sink’s chrome drain and overflow ring and want to figure out a way to replace them. Unfortunately, since it’s Ikea, the overflow connects by a hose to the drain pipe, so we can't use the brass Delta drain that came with the faucet.

So, does anyone know a way to hack the weird overflow and drain situation that’s happening on this sink? Or is there a way to plug the overflow so we can just use the Delta drain and plumbing? Or would we be better off just painting the Ikea chrome to a gold?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
First I would call Ikea and see if that drain is available in a gold finish. If not, I think your stuck with it. I'm not aware of any paint that is durable enough to last for that application.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
ikea_lav_6.jpg

A standard Delta pop-up drain doesn't match with the Ikea basin. Here is what an Ikea setup looks like.
I don't like the idea about blocking off the overflow much. If you plan to block the low end, what happens if water goes down it? How would you drain that? If you block from the top, that could look awkward.

britt111

Reaction score
Aw shucks, well, it looks like spray paint for now and maybe Ikea will make a gold one later. Thank you Terry and Country Bumkin for your help! Much appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks