Identifying drain and main water inlet to manabloc

Users who are viewing this thread

Vijayank

Reaction score
I’m trying to install a water softener in my garage, I’m confused with few things with the manabloc and if I am doing the right thing.

The manabloc in my garage have what appears to be two cold water line, I’m hoping the one with the bigger diameter (PVC) is the cold water inlet and the PEX blue one is the outlet from manabloc to water heater. Is my understanding correct?
Manabloc 1.jpeg

I also see a gray PVC cap on the garage wall, does this indicate there is a drain behind it that I can use? Need to run the drain pipe from garage to laundry room through a wall that is adjacent to garage if the assumption is wrong If it is indeed a cleanout pipe and I can repurpose this for drain, what prep do I need to do?
Drain next to Manabloc.jpeg

I consulted few experts and they indicated that there will be a “Tee” that brances off prior to Manabloc to heater, is that even accurate? Every manual and search about Manabloc indicates the main water line will reach to one of the inlet in manabloc.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks