Identify Sink Stopper

Users who are viewing this thread

kgknapp

Reaction score
Hi - I bought this house and the sink is missing the stopper. The actuator moves just fine. The top of the stopper is simply missing. It is threaded and I suspect I could just screw a new one on -- IF I COULD FIND IT. There was only one replacement with threads at Home Depot and it wasn't right. My local plumber thought it was an American Standard Model -- any leads??

Attachments

• IMG_0374.JPG
    IMG_0374.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 226

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All hardware stores carry generic pop-up assemblies. Handy if you can't find that one little part. I normally replace the drain while I'm there. It's chrome at least.

kgknapp

Reaction score
Hi Terry - I tried to get the existing one out of there by giving it a good tug with some pliers, but it seems to be attached to the rest of the assembly. Not sure how to get it out to put a generic replacement in.

Flapper

Reaction score
Unscrew the nut that holds the "lift rod", take the "lift rod" out, and pull the stopper out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks