Identify Model of Single Handle Shower Insert

Users who are viewing this thread

kwoolsey

Reaction score
Can anyone identify this for me? Rather not replace the whole thing but have a hot water leak and cannot find seats, closet is a Valley V-4 kit but seats are too wide as is the springs.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20181105_214539.jpg
    20181105_214539.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 20181105_214030.jpg
    20181105_214030.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 173
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 182

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF that is really a Pfister balancing spool, then it is NOT the problem but a new cartridge which has that piece built in will. Your pictures do NOT show the parts that would verify that it is Pfister, since that spool is identical in appearance to many others, (such as Kohler), but is probably not interchangeable.

kwoolsey

Reaction score
IF that is really a Pfister balancing spool, then it is NOT the problem but a new cartridge which has that piece built in will. Your pictures do NOT show the parts that would verify that it is Pfister, since that spool is identical in appearance to many others, (such as Kohler), but is probably not interchangeable.

I'll make sure to confirm what I find. I reviewed the Kohler's (and others) and they were close but we'll definitely see... thanks for the response!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
In any case, that is NOT the cause of the leak, unless there is a leak in the seam between the two sides, and if there is it usually has a white deposit at the leak point.

kwoolsey

Reaction score
I replaced the piece I linked to above and the leak stopped. I'm not really sure why you seemed so adamant about it not being possible it is the source of the leak as it has a pair of rubber seats and springs on one side and two proprietary shaped washers on the other, all were showing signs of wear and tear.

I replaced it and then leak ceased. Wife is happy. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Two reasons. First, if it were a Kohler, I have only replaced it when it split, and second, if it was a Pfister, I would NEVER replace it, because the new stem has it built in so you get a new operator AND balancer for one price.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks