Icemaker not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
If they are crescents, it makes the entire string at one time and ejects them all at the same time. The heater that loosens the cubes, also heats the thermostat so it will not try to recycle too quickly.

That is what I have, and I finally just got it installed and working ... but the first cubes that came out were not completely frozen on the inside. Is that okay?

MG

Reaction score
Sounds to me like a restricted water flow. Our GE fridge uses one of those funky internal water filters - when its clogging up bad the ice maker takes a long time to make a lot of ice. As soon as there is a fresh filter or none at all it will fill faster and make LOTS of ice.

I'll bet you have either a pinched or partially clogged water line.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Sounds to me like a restricted water flow. Our GE fridge uses one of those funky internal water filters - when its clogging up bad the ice maker takes a long time to make a lot of ice. As soon as there is a fresh filter or none at all it will fill faster and make LOTS of ice.

I'll bet you have either a pinched or partially clogged water line.

The cubes I get are full-sized, but at least the first batch was not yet frozen all the way through when the icemaker cycled. This morning there were many cubes in the bin and all were fine. Being controlled by temperature sensors, maybe this thing dumps the cubes as soon as the outsides are frozen so it can move along to the next batch. I once read somewhere that some icemakers do that. As to filters, the literature that came along with this icemaker indicates there are a couple of screens in the water valve that might need cleaning some day. However, I already have a .5 (1/2) micron filter feeding it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks