IBC Boiler wiring help

Users who are viewing this thread

hamel01

Reaction score
Hey all,
So I am installing a IBC HC 20-125 in our new house. So far i have it all plumbed based off the information from some helpers and the guys that sold everything but i am at a loss for how to get it all wired. I think i know what needs to be done to correct it but i am looking for some insight. Here is the components i have to work with. IBC HC 20-125 boiler that has DHW call and pump connections as well as space heating connections for tstat, Caleffi 6 zone relay box that has connections for a zone 1 (Priority) pump, Secondary pump and system pump, (2) 007 circ's and (1) variable speed circ. In my system i have a DHW tank as one zone, garage in-floor as one zone and then 4 zones in the basement in-floor all fed from one manifold with Reahu zone valves on the manifold. I have attached a pic to show how it is plumbed current. the first pump is for DHW, 2nd is for garage in-floor and the 3rd is the basement in-floor. The combination of pumps and zone valves for the basement infloor don't seem to jive with the controls i was given. If i hook the DHW to the boiler and the in-floor to the zone control there is no way to tell the zone control that the DHW is running and not to run the in-floor heat due to the temp being too high. If i use the zone control for everything i have no way to separate the pumps for all 3 different heat zones. So after looking at this and thinking about it here are the options i have come up with:

#1 - Pull the middle pump and right pump and move it (Right/Variable Pump) to before the tee's on the supply line for the in-floor but after the tee for the DHW. Then install a zone valve for the garage in-floor. In the zone control wire the first pump to zone 1 along with aqua-stat from DHW tank. the other pump would go the sec terminal. Zone 2 would be the newly installed zone valve and 3-6 would be the basement in-floor which is zoned at the in-floor header. From there wire the xx terminals on the zone control to the space heating terminals on the boiler and the zone 1 output terminals from the zone control to the DHW terminals on the boiler.

#2 - Pull all the pumps and reinstall the variable pump before any tee's. Install zone valves for DHW and Garage in-floor and repeat most steps as above.

#3 - get another pump control unit to slave off the first one and leave it all the way it is.

To me #2 seems like the best option but not the least amount of work which I am ok with. I would rather have it right and spend some more time vs getting it to work as quickly as possible.

Does anyone else see any other way to do it?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20190219_175216_resized.jpg
    20190219_175216_resized.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,221
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks