I have no water, can someone help please

Users who are viewing this thread

joanndeker

Reaction score
try to explain the best i can. i have a well about 150-200 feet. i woke up this am and have no h2o. the pressure tank reads 19psi. the contacts are closed to fill tank but tank remains empty. pulled pump up out of well. when pulled it out it was not attatched to pipe. it was hanging by wires. reassembled it and turned on. it jerked and the motor ran. reput it back in well. checked check valve at pressure tank and electric to switch box and well pump. turned everything on and still no h20 filled the tank. i dont know what my cut in and cut out specs are for this tank and can not find any info for it online. i also don't know if since the pump was not attatched to pipe and all h20 ran out of pipe if it would need to be primed or something.does anyone have any info to help solve my delima? any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. by the way my name is jodi THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Testing a submersible when it is out of the water can burn up the motor in just a few minutes.

You can do electrical checks on the motor while it is in the well.
www.franklinelectric.com has instructions for 4" submersible motors.

Th check valve at the pressure tank should be removed. They hide leaks back to the submersible pump.

joanndeker

Reaction score
we didnt test it on the ground. we put it in the pool and it pumped like a geyser, but when he touched the water it shocked him. our pump is 2 wire black and red, no green ground. we have to add a ground to it somehow.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Two wire motors don't have a ground. And if you run one up to the top of the casing, you can't run it underground to the house unless there is ground wire run already.

I suggest to check the electrical for a short or bad ohms reading which might be due to a bad water proof splice connection on one or both of the pump pigtails. Or the motor itself.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Did you have the pump in the pool far enough for the splice to be in the water? If not, the motor is going bad and will have to be replaced soon. That however wouldn't be why it's not pumping water. Until about 12 years or so ago, a ground wasn't required on submersible motors. If you buy a new motor, it will have a ground as per Federal Regs. If you don't have the ground in place from the breaker box, you can't use it, but the pump motor will still run without it.

If this pump was off the droppipe you might fine there is an in invisible crack in the discharge head of the pump and if so, the pressure from being down the well might just make it fall off again when the crack opens up.

If your looking for a new pump, look no further.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks