I have a cistern pump and tank. The tank is 20 gal. Can I replace it with a 5 gal tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad clark

Reaction score
I have a cistern pump and my tank is 20 gal. Would it hurt to replace with a 5 gal tank and what difference would it make. I have a small cabin. I very rarely use water. I have I sink, 1 toilet, and 1 shower? Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A 20 gallon size tank only holds 5 gallons of water. That tank is probably already too small to get 1 minute of run time for the pump, which is the minimum required. A 5 gallon size tank only holds 1 gallon of water. This would make your pump cycle on and off rapidly, which is not good. A 4.5 or 5 gallon size tank is all you need when working with a Cycle Stop Valve. But without a CSV you want the tank large enough to make the pump run for at least 1 minute.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks