I get a bad review on google in less than a 10 second conversation

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
My apprenticeship was for 10,000 hours and 744 hours of class room studies and then I had to work under the auspices of a master plumber for a documented 10 years before being reliable to take my 4 part masters exams.

Upon passing my class A journeymen 's license I was qualified to work in every state and Canada under the UA plumbing

Plumbing is an on going education and then there is sub chapters such as gas and steam fitting and fire suppression ( I have a masters in fire suppression piping) and then of course there is heating vapor and hydronics and high pressure steam applications and sewer and drain cleaning and as a master plumber in NYC my accounts are commercial, industrial,institutional and residential including a 27 story co op

Many plumbers have these same qualifications

Calling plumbers lazy in the USA is actually not to far off the mark considering the Bama allowed all types of jerks to enter this country with no qualifications mostly from Africa. Europeans have a proven track record on quality plumbing systems

My top employee I am paying $75 PER HR in the envelope ($3,000 a week) so he is far from being lazy

I wonder how many so called mechanics from South Africa left years ago to go to OZ as I helped a few escape and get a job in oz as SA was in a heck of a turmoil in the late 1980's

I
My apprenticeship was for 10,000 hours and 744 hours of class room studies and then I had to work under the auspices of a master plumber for a documented 10 years before being reliable to take my 4 part masters exams.

Upon passing my class A journeymen 's license I was qualified to work in every state and Canada under the UA plumbing

Plumbing is an on going education and then there is sub chapters such as gas and steam fitting and fire suppression ( I have a masters in fire suppression piping) and then of course there is heating vapor and hydronics and high pressure steam applications and sewer and drain cleaning and as a master plumber in NYC my accounts are commercial, industrial,institutional and residential including a 27 story co op

Many plumbers have these same qualifications

Calling plumbers lazy in the USA is actually not to far off the mark considering the Bama allowed all types of jerks to enter this country with no qualifications mostly from Africa. Europeans have a proven track record on quality plumbing systems

My top employee I am paying $75 PER HR in the envelope ($3,000 a week) so he is far from being lazy

I wonder how many so called mechanics from South Africa left years ago to go to OZ as I helped a few escape and get a job in oz as SA was in a heck of a turmoil in the late 1980's

Last edited:

PlumbSolve

Reaction score
You must not under estimate S Africas abilities. It is not quite a banana republic yet. But it is going there fast. Most of the good engineers have left to go Australia or New zealand or the States. Dont forget we had nuclear bombs as early as the seventies.We also had far superior infantry vehicles than the States.I know, I have fought in the Angolan war .We cant believe you could send troops in with humvees.
At the moment the powers that be are only interested in stealing as much as possible. There is reverse apartheid. Only today in the newspaper they have announced the new tender process for my city Durban. All businesses have to be 51% black owned. Otherwize you have no chance.
The majority are protected from the minority.
If you come to our bigger cities they are as first world as the States .Ive been to the States ,Hawaii, New York and California and Utah and Arizona.A very nice holiday.
Unfortunately the new government are clueless .The pass rate for maths is 30% at schools. You can see why we are going downhill fast.
Most S Africans who have left to other parts of the world have made a success of themselves. We are known as hard workers with a good work ethic. Elon Musk is just one example.But it seems we will soon be like Zimbabwe.I went to a school that cost my father $15000.00 a year. I think I am the only plumber to ever come out of that school.:) The rest are doctors and engineers and lawyers.The engineer who salvaged the Costa Concordia was there in my time.The schooling now (apart from private schools ) is pathetic. I dont know if they show it on your news but last year they were burning all the schools and Varsities.But you have to understand that at some schools ,books only arrived in July.Some schools are under a tree.
Just out of interest an extremely well paid plumber in S Africa gets about $1500 a month.
Most get about $25 a day if you are very experienced. They are hard to come by as the majority of workers have no skill at all. Most semi skilled operators make about $16 a day.
There is no glamour involved in being a plumber. It is a low status trade.

MNshowerdude2

not to be confused with showerdude, im showerdude2
Reaction score
There is no glamour involved in being a plumber. It is a low status trade.

as soon as the travel ban works itself out, save your $16 a day until you can come over here, and make $150/hr. If you are as good as HJ make that $250

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks