I failed my 'pre-glue' inspection...

Users who are viewing this thread

gregsul

Reaction score
...now I humbly ask for advice. My vent/drain arrangement wasn't acceptable for the shower or tub in my bathroom renovation - vents on the wrong side of the trap arm, use of a san-tee on it's back - basically, it was defined by the inspector as 'line venting', and not legal. (He had a few other words for my setup but I won't share them here...:) He offered to do one more 'pre-glue', but made it obvious that I'd better have my ducks in a row next time. So, I'm enclosing a .jpg photo of the latest abs dwv layout I'm hoping to assemble in the next few days. I connected everything up to the lav and stack setup (which passed) and am mainly want to know if the traps and vents seem to be laid out properly. The short (3 ft.) vertical pipes represent the vents. The shower vent shown in the photo is a 2 inch pipe, because that's what I had on hand when I set this up earlier today. I have since purchased a 2x1.5x2 long turn combo so I can vent with 1.5 inch pipe. This will all be installed in my basement under the bathroom. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help you can send to a diy newbie.

Attachments

• test layout.JPG
    test layout.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 848

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

It looks proper, but what is a "pre-glue" inspection? Do you put it all together, get an inspection, and then glue it together in the location where it goes? If so, I hope there is a second inspection with a pressure test to ensure that there are no leaks.

gregsul

Reaction score
A "pre-glue inspection" is...

In Seattle, a "pre-glue inspection" is an optional inspection advised for homeowners who don't have the experience a professional plumber brings to the job. Generally, you install the pipes but do not glue them. That's what I did for the inspection, but when I needed to start over I arranged everything outside to figure it out and photograph it. Once the pre-glue inspection is passed the pipes are glued and tested. The water supply is installed and tested. Then the "rough-in" inspection checks all of that. I'm guessing the final inspection happens after all the fixtures are connected, drywall & tile installed, etc. Thanks for checking this out - I'm relieved to know that I'm moving in the right direction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks