I desperately need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Desperate

Reaction score
For the last several weeks I have been combing the internet looking for a toilet to replace my old 12" trap one. We live in an old building, have a 14" trap, and an old valve at a distance of 7.5" from the trap screws (middle of the trap) towards the wall. Besides, the bathroom door opens so that the toilet's maximum distance from the back wall is 33".
We would like to buy a good quality toilet that doesn't clog. Ideally, it would be ADA and one piece, and as narrow as possible. We are ready to pay up to $1000 or more, but the choices are very slim, we know we will have to compromise, but we dont want to compromise to much in quality.

We dont think any Toto is a possibility. We have looked at various Kohler San Raphael, Welworth, Highliner 3493, Revival 3555, and American Standard Colony, Savona, H2Option, Evolution 2, etc.

I really need help. Which should I get? Thanks in advance

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are saying that the water shutoff is on the wall and at 7.5" to the left of center, then you have many options.

https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm

flange_03.jpg

The Unift adapter works with TOTO models
Carlyle
Carrollton
Carolina
Lloyd
Pacifica
Soiree
Guinevere
unifit_choice.jpg

toilet_14_rough2.jpg

James demonstrating in an old Seattle home that has a 14" rough-in.

The 14" Toto on the left gives a lot more leg room then the 14" A/S Cadet on the right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks