I apologize if I imposed too much with "Help with rough of new ICF/SIP house in MI" post

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveInMichigan

Reaction score
I've edited down this post because I fear that I may have requested too much help at one time and for that I apologize. I'm a first timer and wasn't sure how to format the request.

I know where the fixtures go and I plan to use air admittance valves on the kitchen sink and the lab in the half-bath. My biggest question is if my three vertical vents are in acceptable positions.

This house is in SE Michigan and I believe is under 2009 IPC

This is what I think I am supposed to do, but this is my first ever attempt at plumbing.

I will continue to search the forums and try to learn more from prior posts.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Plumbing by davidcmatt, on Flickr

IMG_8348 by davidcmatt, on Flickr
The photo above was taken from inside the Master Bathroom facing North

IMG_8329 by davidcmatt, on Flickr
The photo above was taken from the basement directly below photo #1.

IMG_8365 by davidcmatt, on Flickr
This photo was taken in the loft directly above photo #1

PLEASE NOTE: I've tried hiring a local plumber and still will if one becomes available. Everyone is "swamped" and won't take on a small home like mine. The only ones that are interested are asking $7,000+ to rough the 1000 sqft home. I did have a local plumber that was going to help on an hourly basis, but he is having a family situation and hasn't been able to start.

Last edited:

DaveInMichigan

Reaction score
The biggest question I have is about the venting. I think the isometric would work, but I've never installed plumbing before.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks