Hydronic kickspace / toekick plumbed in-series with no tees at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Magicalpig

Reaction score
I have a 3/4" hydronic heating system and a plumber installed a kickspace heater in-line, without using any sort of tees. The heater is one of the Beacon Morris ones that has 1/2" connections. I've read on this forum that this will cause an undesirable pressure drop, but I'm wondering why, exactly, that's a bad thing. What symptoms could I look for to check whether or not the current configuration is causing any problems?

I've been reading about the monoflow tee configuration here, and it seems that often has problems of its own. Should I just leave things the way they are? This kickspace heater was installed about 4 years ago and, as far as I can tell, the loop it's on is unaffected. The only problem I've experienced is that the heater's fan only runs for a minute or two after the thermostat controlling the loop reaches the set temperature. This loop, by the way, services the second story, and the boiler is in the basement.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks