Hydrofracking for POND ...

Users who are viewing this thread

ALAN CHEZ

Reaction score
I have a 2 acre pond ..Leaking ... almost half filed during summer.IN winter it is fine ...
Wanted to run water to top it off. first was thinking of drilling a well... second to hydro frack mt well so it gets more water....
I did put a new 1 Hp ( replaced 1;2 HP ) pump in the 175 foot deep .. Pumps like mad but after 15 minutes.I have no water in my house??? COUld be pressure tank ??? help help help....

Reach4

Reaction score
It could not be the pressure tank.

Watch the pump current (putting a clamp-around ammeter around one hot wire) during that 15 minutes. What happens?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds like either the pump is shutting itself down (thermal overload?) or is pulling the well level down so far, there is no water to pump. A natural pond can only exist when the water table is high enough, or there's an artesian source. If the water level in the pond drops in the summer, unless you're pumping or using a lot of that water, it implies the water table is dropping. Your well may not be deep enough for the current conditions or it is plugged up and water can't get into it fast enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks