Hydraulic load from dishwasher when connected to kitchen sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jona77

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm trying to size a drain pipe branch and my national plumbing code book says for hydraulic load of domestic dishwasher:

"1 1/2 no load when connected to garbage grinder or domestic sink"

I want to verify this means the hydraulic load from my entire kitchen (dishwasher+sink) is just going to be the 1.5 mentioned on the same table for domestic sink since my dishwasher is plumbed into my sink before the trap or if I'm reading this wrong.. It's a little ambiguous to me!

Also does anyone have any idea a general hydraulic load from a sump pump? It currently has a 1.5 inch outlet pipe.

ALSO

1. Code says max trap arm length for 2" pipe is 2.4 meters
2. No length limit to wet vents.

Does that mean I can run a 2.4 meter or less trap arm from my bathtub trap across my basement to the kitchen sink/dishwasher drain(kitchen sink being another 10ish feet away) and that will work as a wet vent?

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As I understand it, wet vents are limited to a single bathroom group on the same floor, so probably can't use it between a bathroom and a kitchen.

Jona77

Reaction score
As I understand it, wet vents are limited to a single bathroom group on the same floor, so probably can't use it between a bathroom and a kitchen.

I'm not sure I didn't see that specifically said anywhere.. this is in wacky old canada though.. This picture is in the figures for wet venting though.. Basically would be a similar setup minus drinking fountain, lavatory basin, and water closet.

JWwglc0.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks