HYDRAULIC C.I. PIPE SNAPPER

Users who are viewing this thread

ZZZ

Reaction score
I have an old Spring Load Mfg. pipe snapper. I went to use it and it appears to have leaked out some hydraulic oil over the last ten years. Now it seems to not move the ram fully, and makes sounds like air in the system. It is the style that looks like a grease gun with an extra handle and a cutter chain on the front. Thomas & Betts also sold this model under the name "Red Snapper". Does anyone know how to check the oil level and how to refill it, and bleed the air, if need be? I can't find any info on the T&B site, and it appears that ABB now owns them too.
Thomas-Betts-Red-Snapper-Hydraulic-Pipe-Cutter-182792866367.jpg

Stephen Cristaldi

Reaction score
I have an old Spring Load Mfg. pipe snapper. I went to use it and it appears to have leaked out some hydraulic oil over the last ten years. Now it seems to not move the ram fully, and makes sounds like air in the system. It is the style that looks like a grease gun with an extra handle and a cutter chain on the front. Thomas & Betts also sold this model under the name "Red Snapper". Does anyone know how to check the oil level and how to refill it, and bleed the air, if need be? I can't find any info on the T&B site, and it appears that ABB now owns them too.View attachment 51151

Did you ever find a resolution to refilling this an or getting it to work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks