hydlon water heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Any electric tankless is going to be high efficiency, but are you sure that thing is even LEGAL to install in Canada (there are no CSA or UL ratings indicated, though they do cite some European Norm standards- not sure if they're the relevant ones, or what certifications are required in your area). Or is this being installed in Thailand, not Ontario Canada?

Do you have 150A of 240VAC to spare?

At Ontario's wintertime incoming water temps I'd be loathe to use any electric tankless, at any price point, except possibly as finish-heat/backup to a solar hot water system or something, and even then...

At Thailand's incoming water temps it's probably just fine, provided you won't melt the power lines or transformer when it's pulling full power. You really DO need to be sure the service to the house can handle the current before installing it, or you'll either be blowing breakers/fuses constantly, or damaging the power lines. At full bore it's pulling 36,000 watts, which is a lot of power. more than 10x the instantaneous power draw of the Stiebel PSH 100.

A hundred liters is not a lot of hot water, but it's plenty for one person to take a shower, and at 3000W the recovery time on the PSH 100 won't be forever.

ohliuw

Reaction score
Any electric tankless is going to be high efficiency, but are you sure that thing is even LEGAL to install in Canada (there are no CSA or UL ratings indicated, though they do cite some European Norm standards- not sure if they're the relevant ones, or what certifications are required in your area). Or is this being installed in Thailand, not Ontario Canada?

Do you have 150A of 240VAC to spare?

At Ontario's wintertime incoming water temps I'd be loathe to use any electric tankless, at any price point, except possibly as finish-heat/backup to a solar hot water system or something, and even then...

At Thailand's incoming water temps it's probably just fine, provided you won't melt the power lines or transformer when it's pulling full power. You really DO need to be sure the service to the house can handle the current before installing it, or you'll either be blowing breakers/fuses constantly, or damaging the power lines. At full bore it's pulling 36,000 watts, which is a lot of power. more than 10x the instantaneous power draw of the Stiebel PSH 100.

A hundred liters is not a lot of hot water, but it's plenty for one person to take a shower, and at 3000W the recovery time on the PSH 100 won't be forever.

Thanks Dana, the heater would indeed be installed Thailand. My concern is that this is not the traditional tankless heater. It's using different technologies, so I am not sure how relaible it is. Do you think it is what it claims it is?

100l is enough for more than 1 shower in Thailand with 25-30° ambient temp and 22-23° cold water temp all year round :)

I am still trying to decide which route to go. We won't be staying in Thailand all year round, only to escape the Canadian winters, so I am not sure if the extra $350-400 investment is worth it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks