HVAC split AC question

Users who are viewing this thread

lawrencetj

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone,

I've got a double wide mobile home (1300 sqft) with an addition (350 sqft). The addition is not heated or cooled at all.

Is it possible to get a larger outside condensing unit to run two indoor air handling units?

Thanks,
Timothy

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, but sizing and balancing that may cost more than it is worth. For starters, assuming your existing air handler is 10 SEER, it would have to be replaced to match a new 13 SEER condenser. A much better idea would be a through the wall heat pump unit, even a hotel size PTAC unit; or one of the new mini-split systems. fujitsu, mitsubushi, and LG all make very good units.

lawrencetj

Reaction score
Ok, so after some extensive research, I at least know what stuff is. I have another question.

I live in southern Louisiana. We have hot humid summers and mild winters. Would a heat pump be efficient for heating in my climate?

Thanks,
Timothy

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Heat pumps are appropriate in climates where the winter season temps seldom go below 35 or so. The knock on heat pumps is that the air handler blows luke warm air, so it does not have the same warm cuddly feeling as radiators, or fuel-heated forced air. But the price is right!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks