HVAC Problems Take TWO

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Seems strange to say "the bath has too much airflow (9 vs. 4)." Delta of 5 CFM sounds like less than 1% of your total flow, it's like using a howitzer to kill ants, what's the point? I'm assuming it has an adjustible register so that you can trim it as needed, so what is the point of the city throwing up a red flag on something so inconsequential? With yours being insulated and such you don't even have to worry about condensation on the duct...as I had here with high flows in the bath with AC...which led me to insulate the line and completely eliminate the problem. I trim back at the register anyway, since I don't need much flow in the master toilet space.

Abouthadit

Reaction score
With all new ducting through-out each line has an inline dampner I guess that is what you would call it ?
Kinda like whats on the fireplace flue ,where you can adjust it .
I guess they don't want the occupant to be able to just : be able to adjust the register for flow ?

So now all the ducting is buried under insulation that's going to be fun for them !

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks