HVAC condensate drain P trap drying out.. Can I use a check valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoshB-NC

Reaction score
The condensate drain gravity flows into a stand pipe which is connected to a P trap which is connected to septic line. During the winter P trap must dry out because it smells like septic sometimes. not really that bad bad some days can catch a whiff.

Would something like this cure the problem? Or any ideas?

https://www.rectorseal.com/3647-2/

Reach4

Reaction score
Looks nice. I don't know how it would be accepted by the rules, but I would do it. I am not a plumber.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
It looks like it will take care of your problem but how much water behind the spring is needed for it to open to drain. Reading the instruction sheet it is a maintenance item that it must be kept clean. A picture would be of help to see how it is connected to the "stand pipe". Is it sealed to it or open like a washing machine drain?

JoshB-NC

Reaction score
Sealed. I ordered it and will install this week. It is clear so I can visually keep track of it. For the price it was worth a shot..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks