How to tune DHW settings for heat exchanger (taco XPB)

Users who are viewing this thread

BirchwoodBill

Reaction score
i have a WM 97 boiler and WM 85 gallon indirect tank. The tank is connected to a Taco XPB heat exchanger which supplies heat to radiant floor heating (warmboard). I also have a thermostatic valve which limits dhw at 127f. Right now, the tank is set to 145f. The sensor for the heat exchanger is reading 130f water from the sensor at the tank outlet.

My question is how to tune the heating loop for energy efficiency, I.e. Lower gas bill. Do I base it on the temperature of the heat exchanger supply sensor or the return sensor. I am assuming that the return to the indirect tank should be no more than 130f to get proper condensation, The taco XPB is on OTDR, so I am thinking that the process variable is the temperature of the indirect tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks