How to Test a Sprinkler Control Device

Users who are viewing this thread

MJH

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm having a problem with one of my sprinkler lines, in that no water is coming out of the heads. The other four lines work fine.
Before I replace the valve, I want to check that the correct signal is getting to the valve solenoid. My question is how?
I disconnected the wire at the solenoid and tested it when the control panel said the line should be 'on', expecting to find a 24v differential, but found nothing. I tested one of the lines that I knew worked with the same result.
So, how do I go about this? Any guidance very welcome and thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know if those valves are AC or DC, but I would try the opposite setting on your multimeter.

Reactions: MJH

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
They are low voltage DC. I don't know what the voltage # is. Should be in the instruction booklet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks