How to take this Sharkbite comp fitting out

Users who are viewing this thread

Imcool

Reaction score
Hello, i am trying to replace this Sharkbite connector hose for hot water tank but i cant take out the comp fitting, its at weird spot and I don't want to use hammer and etc,

I do not have any comp removal tool to be used in such situation because I don't know which one to buy, but is it possible to do it without any specialized tool? or I must buy a tool to remove it?

Which tool to buy if I must buy a tool?

If can be done without tool then how to do it without breaking the copper solder joints and leaking copper joints?

Is there any other way to do this better?

appreciate your help

imcool-01.jpg

imcool-03.jpg

imcool-02.jpg

Regards

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You still have the labels on the supply lines. What size does it say there are?
Any hardware store carries the removal tool for Sharkbite fittings.

sharkbite-removal-tool-3.jpg

Sometimes you can make a crescent wrench work.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
How would a Hammer be the first tool that comes to mind for dissembling any plumbing fittings?

The tool Terry suggests is the only tool you should attempt for that. Do not use a hammer in conjunction with that tool.

Also, turn the water off prior to using that tool.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks