How to take this Sharkbite comp fitting out

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by imcool, May 10, 2021.

1. imcool

imcool New Member

Hello, i am trying to replace this Sharkbite connector hose for hot water tank but i cant take out the comp fitting, its at weird spot and I don't want to use hammer and etc,

I do not have any comp removal tool to be used in such situation because I don't know which one to buy, but is it possible to do it without any specialized tool? or I must buy a tool to remove it?

Which tool to buy if I must buy a tool?

If can be done without tool then how to do it without breaking the copper solder joints and leaking copper joints?

Is there any other way to do this better?

appreciate your help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    You still have the labels on the supply lines. What size does it say there are?
    Any hardware store carries the removal tool for Sharkbite fittings.

[​IMG]

Sometimes you can make a crescent wrench work.

imcool likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

imcool likes this.
  4. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Label says 3/4.

imcool likes this.
  5. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

How would a Hammer be the first tool that comes to mind for dissembling any plumbing fittings?

The tool Terry suggests is the only tool you should attempt for that. Do not use a hammer in conjunction with that tool.

Also, turn the water off prior to using that tool.

imcool likes this.
  6. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

These clips work just as good

[​IMG]

GReynolds929 likes this.