How to snake Geberit Bathtub drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

mikehende

Reaction score
Hello guys, I have 2 snakes, this one goes all the way down but does not pull up anything:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/FlexiSna...203483754-_-N&

This one, the head coil is too big:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-K...7038/303644603

I doubt it would be hair causing the clog as I am not seeing hair clogs under the strainer as I had cleaned it and the long thin snake goes down like maybe 10" down the drain.

geberit-tub-drain-01.jpg

What I need is a snake head which will fit in that strainer, I am wondering what a plumber would use in this situation or what else can I try please? sighhhhhhhhh

p.s. This is a pic of everything:

geberit-tub-drain-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have you tried snaking down through the overflow?

What you have is a Geberit cable driven waste and overflow. The shoe drain where your strainer and stopper is, travels horizontally to meet the overflow tube and drops vertically into a trap (in most cases).

geberit-top.jpg

The method for clearing/snaking the trap is to remove the round handle on the overflow. Those usually have a set screw and likely metric. There will be a clamping ring held on by a large nut that you will likely need to remove in order to get the cable into the tube. Its not a large opening so you may need the smaller of the cables or cut or reshape the cable head that you have.

151-503-00-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikehende

Reaction score
Thx. I am not sure which is the overflow, please see attached screenshot, is that the overflow, if yes, how can I remove that cover?

geberit-tub-drain-03.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, there should be a set screw that holds that knob to the shaft. If the knob is metal, there will be a hole in one of the sides with an allen set screw, if the handle is plastic, it will pop off with a bit of force and reveal a retainer with a philips screw

mikehende

Reaction score
the outer cover was remove but there is a white cover underneath and not seeing a way to remove it?

IMG_2272.jpg

mikehende

Reaction score
We got the clog out but it had to be done from under the bathtub in the basement. Reason being when we removed the drain cover and tried to snake the pipe the snake head kept coming up to the overflow cover so we thought no use then in removing the overflow cover.

So in the basement under the tub we removed a trap which was leading to the main sewer pipe and ran the snake towards the sewer pipe and there was big clog junk of of hair/debris the size of a rat at the Tee, now the water is running totally free again.

I very much appreciate all of the help/advice given here guys, wishing you and yours and the other guys here many blessings for the New Year, thank you for what you do, best regards, Mike.

p.s. I am not done yet, I still have the faucet handle issue to address, will create another thread for that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks