How to size a softener and what equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Zenon2cubed

Reaction score
The chart reads at 6 lb/cu-ft salt dose the capacity of a 1.5 cu-ft softener is 31,500 grains, at 8 lb/cu-ft salt dose the capacity is 36,000 grains.

They're a bick-and-mortar dealer in addition to online, the softener actually comes from "Good Water Warehouse" it's all the real-deal, not scammy internet china junk. Good won't sell to the public, I called them and they said I need to contact a dealer.

Feel free to call them, I've spoken to their experts numerous times.

Dom08

Reaction score
Any specific models? I am seeing alot on the fleck 5800sxt. Also the clack ws1. I am looking for something that is basic to use as I am just wanting to program it to soften the water and not worry about it anymore

Reach4

Reaction score
Those, plus the Fleck 5600SXT would be good. The 5600SXT is more for 3/4 inch plumbing. For any softener expect the word "demand".

For sizing, you would want the hardness and the number of people who regularly use the water. Also, whether you have a private well or city water will play a role.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks