How to separate 2 quick connect valves

Users who are viewing this thread

mallenr

Reaction score
Simple question, I'm just trying to figure out how to separate these 2 seatech quick connect valves. The angle valve needs to be replaced because the on/off came out.

diohWVm.jpg

Not sure if it matters, but there were 2 small black rings on both sides of where the connection is made. They look like this:

JTcIU2z.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

mallenr

Reaction score
The clip is used to push in the yellow part which releases the gripping rings.
Thanks for the reply Terry. Unfortunately I am still confused. How do I use the clip to push in the yellow part? I appreciate it

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
When viewing the OP's photos, I get this message: "Click this image to see the full-size version". I would, but my house isn't big enough.

Treeman

Reaction score
The off white/yellow rings need to be pushed "back" towards it's respective white part. I imagine the clips were in between the white and yellow to prevent them pushing "back". Maybe Terry means for you to reinstall one of the rings in between the 2 yellow parts and use the ring to help push the ring "back" / in towards the white parts.

Push the yellow parts "back" while pulling the joint apart.

In this similar example below, you remove the blue clips and push that collet ring in while pulling the pipe out.

Equal-Straight-1-4-OD-Hose-Quick-Connect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mallenr

Reaction score
The off white/yellow rings need to be pushed "back" towards it's respective white part. I imagine the clips were in between the white and yellow to prevent them pushing "back".

Yes they were

Maybe Terry means for you to reinstall one of the rings in between the 2 yellow parts and use the ring to help push the ring "back" / in towards the white parts.

Push the yellow parts "back" while pulling the joint apart.

Tryin like hell but I can't one of the black clips inbetween the two yellow parts in the middle. Plastic clip bends and then flies across the room
Next thought is to jimmy a flat head screwdriver in between the yellow bits but don't want to break the seal on the valve i want to use again

Reach4

Reaction score
I would think two putty knives or table knife blades could slip into the crack, and let you push against the pair. You will need to chuck the blades into a vice, or have a helper, I think.

mallenr

Reaction score
the solution was to jimmy a flathead screwdriver between the yellow rings, widen it enough to fit a black clip in (easier said than done), and then pull like hell while using the flathead screwdriver to push down on one of the yellow rings
Not sure why so tight, maybe the little piece of pipe that was cut and put in there

When viewing the OP's photos, I get this message: "Click this image to see the full-size version". I would, but my house isn't big enough.

don't quit your day job funny guy

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks