How to sell an unused plumbing item?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eden

Reaction score
I have an unused, somewhat unusual, plumbing item - an 80" Infinity drain, that I'm looking to sell. We didn't use it, and as we have taken a bit of time with this project, our plans changed to use a preformed pan that has a built in linear drain in the meantime. It was a relatively pricey item in the first place, and while I'm not looking for the full price I'm not willing to let it go for the $5 that a local building salvage company was willing to give me for it... it's worth more than that in scrap metal.... I've posted it on Craig's List, but I expect that it's such a specialty item that it may not get any notice there.

Is there a more appropriate place that anyone knows of to find the kind of person who might be interested in buying it? I'm looking for about 1/2 price so it's a good deal, but the trick is managing to come across a person who needs such a thing.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Return it to Nordstrom, I've heard they take back everything...

How about plumbing outlets? Ask them if they could take it on consignment (they sell it, you get a cut).

Is it for indoor use only, or could it be used outdoor too?

Eden

Reaction score
Return it to Nordstrom, I've heard they take back everything...

How about plumbing outlets? Ask them if they could take it on consignment (they sell it, you get a cut).

Is it for indoor use only, or could it be used outdoor too?

lol - I think even Nordstroms would draw the line at this thing..

It's got a pvc tray so I don't know that it would be good for outdoors, at least not anywhere that would get heavy things rolling over it, like a driveway or garage. The company did start by making pool and sidewalk drains though, I think, but this particular model was designed for showers.

I'll have to see if there are any consignment places around. The salvage place was useless. He'd not seen one before so he figured $5 was fair... It is kind of a specialty item, so hooking up with someone who might actually want it will be the biggest hurdle. It's not really something that I would guess a person would see and think up a creative use for it. They'd have to have a need for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks