how to select drain pan given the different dimensions of the washer and the pedestal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nurit

Reaction score
I've ordered the LG WM6700HBA washer, and I'm confused what the dimensions of the drain pan need to be. (I do not have a floor drain) The washer pedestal is 27" x 28" but the washer itself is 27" x 33 1/4". Can you please let me know how big the drain pan needs to be? I don't understand from where washers would leak.

I also have space constraints in that I have a 57 5/8" wide space to fit both 27" laundry machines.

here are the specs for the washer:

thanks for any advice you may have! :)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've ordered the LG WM6700HBA washer, and I'm confused what the dimensions of the drain pan need to be. (I do not have a floor drain) The washer pedestal is 27" x 28" but the washer itself is 27" x 33 1/4". Can you please let me know how big the drain pan needs to be? I don't understand from where washers would leak.

I also have space constraints in that I have a 57 5/8" wide space to fit both 27" laundry machines.

here are the specs for the washer:

thanks for any advice you may have! :)
Check installation guide or contact manufacture. The pans are just a hope and a prayer it likely offers no hope for hose leaks or oveflow at the stand pipe. I still think they are a good idea . I suppose around 28 x30 or 30 x 30 they are kind of ugly but thats just how it is.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We used to have a local sheet metal fabricator build custom pans for us when we had to fit water heaters into odd spaces.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks