How to seal bathroom under sink hole &a kitchen marble counter top edges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Questions1

Reaction score
i just got sprayed by exterminator in my kitchen but I was seeing roaches coming out and going in from the edges of the marble kitchen counter top like right behind the kitchen faucet and right straight under the outlet as shown in attachment. Looks like there is enough gap there for these roaches to go in and out. What should I buy and use to seal the few feet long marble kitchen counter top edges? Also what should I buy and use to seal the small hole in bathroom under sink where the pipe is? Pls tell me the names of the products I have to go buy at Home Depot or wherever they are available. Thanks I am completely new to all these. I have attached pics of the kitchen counter top edges and the bathroom under sink hole.

Attachments

• IMG_3884.JPG
    IMG_3884.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_3885.JPG
    IMG_3885.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_3883.JPG
    IMG_3883.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,255

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Sealing it is not the solution. If there are bugs in the wall and you seal the hole, they will just find a new place to go in and out of.
Did your exterminator spray into the opening?

I'm in FL. We has some big bugs down here. I ride a cockroach to work.

There are some effective roach baits available but the stuff you buy from HD and Lowes is not very strong (apparently the average Joe can't be trusted with the strong stuff). Boric Acid powder is pretty good (as far as the stuff you can buy anywhere). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boric_acid

You can get some and spray it into the opening if you want to do something yourself, but I just let the Pros handle it (they are licensed and trained so they have access to the good stuff).

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can seal all you want, these pests will just bypass the seals.
You need to get rid of them and to make sure they stay away.
As mentioned, Boric Acid is effective and inexpensive.

Questions1

Reaction score
Get some roach traps. You want the ones with fipronil as the active ingredient. You should start seeing dead roaches pretty quickly.

Combat Quick Kill or this one or both...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/COMBAT-S...340051913/202885839?keyword=Large+roach+traps
they dont work. so i emptied out everything from my kitchen cabinet and counter top and exterminator sprayed everywhere there. IT has been 2 days now and I didn't clean anything yet and didn't put my stuffs back in the cabinets yet. Somehow, I still see roach coming out, peeping out of the counter top seam or edges behind the faucet. I wish I had those sprays that exterminator used so I can once again spray under the sink and under lower cabinet where the pipes are. Last night, I applied some ADVION GEL on seams of the counter top. I am sick of these. I don't want to spray powders becos i have a child at home and want to be careful about the chemicals, toxics and dangerous smells.

Reach4

Reaction score
Somehow, I still see roach coming out, peeping out of the counter top seam or edges behind the faucet. I wish I had those sprays that exterminator used so I can once again spray under the sink and under lower cabinet where the pipes are
Call the exterminator now. He may respray free.

Questions1

Reaction score
Call the exterminator now. He may respray free.
they were sent by condo association so doubt they will respray again after just 2 days. He did sprayed a lot. I will seal/caulk the counter top seams where I see the roaches peeping out/coming out.

Reach4

Reaction score
I would maybe ask the exterminator if you should ask the condo board, or if he would rather re-spray on his own. Or just ask the condo board. If the condo board brought in the exterminator, I presume they think it is a condo association chore.

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not sure why they don't work for you. I live in a rainforest environment, single wall house that is pretty porous to the outside. Lots of roaches outside. I keep quite a few throughout a three level house, 6-10 in the kitchen. I rarely if ever see a roach and when I do it's usually dying. Make sure the traps are using fipronil, most don't. They cost about $8 for a box of 8.

Questions1

Reaction score
Okay so today I think I learnt what I should call it. It is "backsplash". You know the thing that is about 6 inch tall and goes above the kitchen counter .

I see roaches coming out of the gap or seam of the backsplash behind my faucet sink. Very strange and disgusting how it gets out.

Reach4

Reaction score
Okay so today I think I learnt what I should call it. It is "backsplash". You know the thing that is about 6 inch tall and goes above the kitchen counter .

I see roaches coming out of the gap or seam of the backsplash behind my faucet sink. Very strange and disgusting how it gets out.
If you wanted to stop them from a particular crack, you could stuff steel wool in there. That is what you asked for, but expect them to find another path.

If you want to kill them yourself, you would want to try a bait for cochroaches that uses fipronil, as koa said. You didn't see merit in complaining to the exterminator directly or to the condo board, I guess.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks