How to replace O-ring in Franke hand-held faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Spbphil

Reaction score
I purchased a Franke kitchen faucet (photo attached) three years ago for the little kitchen in a rented guest house. (Better said, a 450 sq ft studio above my garage.) The sprayer head doesn't spray properly now, despite cleaning the screen etc.

The problem is apparently the O-ring deep inside the hand-held portion--and we see no way to remove and replace it. (Attached is a photo--the O-ring is deep inside and the metal part has no obvious way to remove it.)

I went to my local (excellent) plumbing supply place and they concurred. The only solution (acc to them) was to buy a new piece.

PRICE for the hand-held portion: $140 (ONE HUNDRED FORTY)

Advice?

Is there in fact a way to repair the one I have?

Can I buy a (cheap) replacement head that would look and work OK?

Should I just replace the whole faucet with something for, say, $50 that can be repaired in future?

Attachments

• Franke faucet.jpg
    Franke faucet.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 819
  • Inside of Franke faucet.jpg
    Inside of Franke faucet.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 664

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
If you are the person who purchased this you should check out http://www.frankeksd.com/warranty.php?node=35 it has the warranty info for there faucets. I would check it out.

You could get your self a nice new faucet that has the old style spout and pull out spry with hose. These are very easy to fix but not as nice as the one you have for the money you want to spend. Go look around the big box stores and check out the prices.

Spbphil

Reaction score
Thanks--I'll welcome additional suggestions

Thanks--I'll phone Franke in the AM and will report what happens. I suspect that the problem is not "mechanical" and thus not covered, but I'll see.

I'd welcome reactions from others on this board about whether I could use a different (cheaper) part or if I should get an inexpensive faucet. The fellow at the plumbing supply place said the handheld portion of faucets only last about three years, so maybe I'd be better off getting an entire new faucet each year for much less than the Franke part.

Spbphil

Reaction score
Problem Solved--and thanks to Franke!

I followed you advice and phoned Franke tech support. The tech support person quickly said he was putting a new part in the mail to me. When I asked if that part "should" only last three years, and if I would have to pay for the next one, he said no, just call and I would receive a replacement again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks