How to Replace a Leaky Toilet Water Shutoff Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Often when I'm installing a new toilet, I also need to replace a leaking shutoff valve. If the shutoff is a corrugated shutoff, it gets replaced for saftey reasons.

replace-shutoff-01.jpg

This is a corrugated supply line and shutoff. It's a one time use set up. Try to reuse it and you chance having the soft copper cracking and leaking. Trust me, you don't want water leaking onto your floor.

replace-shutoff-02.jpg

The compression shutoff gets unthreaded from the backing nut.

replace-shutoff-03.jpg

This is a nice tool for pulling the sleeve. It's a sleeve puller and can be found in any hardware store now. Thanks guys for reading my website and now stocking these tools.

replace-shutoff-04.jpg

The copper with the backing nut and sleeve pullled off.

replace-shutoff-05.jpg

Again..........I would use a sleeve puller, pull the back nut off, replace the esctucheon and install a new compression shutoff. We're talking a $25.00 tool and no damage to the wall.

brasscraft-shutoff.jpg

I like 1/4 turn valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks