How to remove deep well cap?

Users who are viewing this thread

tinytec

Reaction score
Speedbump, Sage Supply Co. in Johnson City, NY (607-797-1211) quoted the price over the phone - said they would have to order it from CA.

I've finished reaming the well to 3 7/8" diameter. The pump and power cable are wired (not connected to the service) and ready to put in the well tomorrow. oday a junker pump went all the way down 116' with no hangups. There is hope!!

Fred

tinytec

Reaction score
The 4" sub. pump is finally installed and working great!! Before connecting to the pitless connector I hooked a garden hose to the plastic pipe coming from the pump. The pump ran for at least 4 hours pumping the water into a small back yard pond. The first water was really cruddy looking but cleared up nicely after running for a while.

Later on I poured about a qt. of bleach into the well and recirculated the hose output back into the well for several hours. Finally attached the pitless connector and pumped the 80 gal. tank up to the 62 PSI shutoff point. The tank is connected only to a garden hose drain. Tomorrow I'll run a hose outside and let the tank and input pipes flush until the water is clear and the bleach odor is gone. Will submit a sample for testing in the near future.

I'm curious about the reason for "de-recommending" Lowe's as a source for the pump. If you don't want to post here you can send me an e-mail tinytec@juno.com

Several weeks ago I had bought the first pump at Lowe's but returned it last Friday after believing it would never go down the obstructed casing. But, after doing the reaming, it seemed right and proper to re-buy the same pump they had given me a refund for. As it turned out, they had sent that pump out for repackaging so I bought an identical Ace R201A 1/2 HP 230 Volt, 2-wire type from them.

I can't thank all you enough for all the guidance and help you've given me over the last month, when the only help I asked for was how to remove the well cap. :confused: Your expertise is priceless!! When I first got into this project I had never worked on a deep well sub. system, but thanks to you guys I would now feel quite comfortable working on it. You are a tremendous help to guys like myself who can't afford to hire professional help to get a job done.

With tons of appreciation,
Fred

rossy65

Reaction score
Great Thread

Thanks to all who posted to this thread.
I'm in the process of replacing my 60' shallow well jet pump with a Submersible constant pressure Grundfos pump using a pitless adaptor.
I did a google image search on pitless adaptors to see some photographs and found this site.

--Ross:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks