How to reinsert tub drain toggle assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlikin

Reaction score
Hi all - hoping this is an easy question! My brand new (2 months old) tub drain was running slowly, so I used a Zip-It drain cleaner (the long plastic thing with hooks) to pull a huge wad of hair and dried-up conditioner out of it. Drain runs fine now.

Unfortunately, when the Zip-It pulled up the clog, the hair was so clogged around the drain toggle assembly that it pulled that up as well! I tried inserting the assembly back into the drain, but it doesn't make it quite all the way, and I'm not sure what to do next. Also suspect the assembly is supposed to connect somehow to the turn control on the overflow, but I'm not sure how.

This is a Kohler K-7161 drain, btw. And I am emphatically not a plumber. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to hire a professional???

Appreciate any help and advice!!! (Especially if I *can* fix it myself - my bathroom remodel was expensive enough!)

TIA!

Charlikin

Reaction score
Never mind! I think I figured it out - I had to turn the control so the stopper would be in the down position, and then the assembly fit the rest of the way through.

Whew!

Thanks anyway. (sheepish grin)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks