HOW TO PURGE AIR - NHB-055 NAVIEN - TAKE A LOOK AT MY PIC PLEASE

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY4LIFE

Reaction score
Hi, thanks in advance for your response. I am not a plumber. Just a dude who is trying to maintain his heating system and attempt it myself.

I have a NHB-055 on one heating zone. I had a leak in my expansion tank. I installed a new one. Now I want to purge any air I let in from my single zone loop. However, the make water won't go past the pump on the left through the zone and back down in return to the drain valve hose at the bottom left.

I closed the return valve going into boiler and system valve coming out of boiler to isolate the heating loop to purge. However, Make up water doesn't go through loop it goes directly to the right and out of drain house.

What am I missing? A shut of valve between air separator and drain valve?
How'd they get the water in and pressurized correctly?

Attachments

• 20210126_114112.jpg
    20210126_114112.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 20210127_101033.jpg
    20210127_101033.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 206

Fitter30

Reaction score
Air vent on top of the air scoop will take care of it make sure red cap is loose. Does the air pressure in ex tank match fill pressure?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks