How to protect white plastic clean out protruding out of dirt in front yard

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
ON side of front yard ...sewer line is running abou 5 feet deep and we were gonna pour concrete on that space so we dug and put a new clean out before we put concrete but plans changed..and we did not put concrete so now that plastic clean out is protruding out from the dirt which is about 3-4 inch high ..
Is there any way to protect is so I or someone else dont accidentally run and damage that clean out?

Attachments

• 20200307_123523.jpg
    20200307_123523.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 649

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Sometimes the clean out is not glued on and just tapping on it may go down an inch or two. You can install the threaded cap upside down so it is not hit by a lawn mower (what I had to do). Depending how high it is, filling dirt around it and raising the lawn level around it is another way. Lastly, you can cut the pipe at the level you want and install a new clean out kit.

Screen Shot 2020-03-07 at 12.20.12 PM.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
There are countersunk and flush cleanout plugs readily available.

877-40-2.jpg
p110-040-3.jpg
879-40-2.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
You could protect it as you would a gas meter.

Gas-meter-bollards-8834.jpg

You could go to serious stuff like they would put into a parking lot.

Curiousv

Reaction score
Thanks but that will take space and I can't pass my truck around it..(not enough space) if I put something like this...

Reach4

Reaction score
So are you now saying that you want your neighbor's F350 to be able to drive over it, or will you add that later?

Curiousv

Reaction score
So are you now saying that you want your neighbor's F350 to be able to drive over it, or will you add that later?
Not neighbor's ..I have F150 that is in backyard and this the only way it can go out of my yard...right now its too tight ..I have to be very careful and make sure this cleanout is in between driver and passengers wheels.

Grandbllc

In the Trades
Reaction score
Lower it, dig an area out around it and install a roadway rated cleanout cover. Pour 6" concrete around that and you're good to go

Curiousv

Reaction score
Can I do everything you said without lowering it? Reason I don't want to lower it because eventually I will install 4" driveway that I originally intended.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Lower it now. Raise it later with a coupling later Steel plate cover over a concrete pit is the way to go

Attachments

• Wintertruck.jpg
    Wintertruck.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 454
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks